Invocation Psychosomatic
[html]

WC:500+

The black-and-white woman gestured politely for Caprica to sit on a log and she smiled and moved closer to it, to rest her back on the seat, although she was more comfortable on the floor and perhaps a little spark of disobedience had decided to assert itself - thankfully at the most inconsequential of times when no offence could be taken. All petty thoughts about seating arrangement were soon swept away though, as the captivating Panda introduced her to the power - or religion - the pair followed. Caprica was delighted, and her heart sped up; her eyes became less dull, hope beginning to rise. Here was someone who could really help her, in the realms that lay underneath the everyday world, which had been so far devoid of good fortune for the girl who just wanted not to be alone, to be accepted and feel adored.

When Panda spoke of 'walking away', Caprica gasped as a strong image of a black wolf came into her mind and her eyes blazed in amazement at the Wiccan. Maybe it was a coincidence, or maybe she had known the thing that Caprica had refused to even let herself think in her own mind. "New places, new faces..." she breathed, not interrupting the other wolf, but utterly transfixed by her words.

She had no idea what the word 'rune' meant. To her, they were just pebbles. But these pebbles had names, and they were infused with the power of the mystical couple whose world she had so fortunately entered. Looking at the runes, Caprica could not fail to believe they would work. She knew that this was the charm she had sought. She had made a gris-gris after the fashion of the general occult tradition that smouldered here and there in the Anatheman corridors, and these two stones - her runes - would be perfectly sized to add into that small leather pouch. The list of their properties was electrifying, perfect. She felt not cured, but as if the next time she tried to break free of her dangerous thoughts, she would find the power within to succeed. The next part, finding her quarry, was out of her hands, but if that worked then she would be convinced of the power of the runes; that much was certain.

"Thank you, I sincerely appreciate the gift and both your time," she said in soft, reverential tones, sitting upright now, crosslegged. Panda was asking her if she wished to learn more and she gave a fraught sigh, not sure at first how to answer. "I read somewhere that spells were real, but I had no idea how they worked... I guess I still don't really, and I feel like I want to get to know this world better, but..." She looked from one to the other with wide, sincere eyes, but there was nothing solid enough to follow the 'but'. Just a vague feeling she needed a little time to let what she'd already heard sink in. "I would like to learn more, some time. Magic seems like a real rewarding path to follow." After all, weren't Panda and Venom themselves a good example of such? Both of them exuded confidence and charisma to Caprica, and a certain mystery that she was truly fascinated by. She remembered the bracelet then, and held it up, dangling so the shells gleamed in the soft light. "I don't have much to offer, but is this small token enough in return for all you've done today?"

Image courtesy of Ant Jackson@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread