There's a reckoning still to be reckoned
[html]

Yes ma'am, he sure did. And no worries. XD Guess it's inspiring me to write somewhat lengthy posts, haha. wc:622

Ehno’s was a typically kind soul, one that did not hold up well in times such as these. That much was evidenced by his insomnia of late and the upbeat façade that was crumbling more with each passing day. He wasn’t meant for war, for all this fighting and subterfuge, but he would do what he needed to protect those dear to him. As such, he had to focus on embracing his seldom-shown violent side, let his protective anger take him where it would. Still, this hardly worked to turn him into much of a fighter. He relied on brute strength and feral instinct while dancing the violent dance, a method that tended to leave much vulnerability in his defense to be exploited by more experienced and skilled fighters.

Soran proved to have had more experience dealing with strife than the Marino had, explaining some of what had happened in the past in the old lands. The Patrician knew little enough of the lands east of the mountains. Many souls he had met had come from there, like Naniko, chased westward by wildfire. And according to his new coal-furred acquaintance, those lands had seen their share of bloodshed as well. The familiar name of Inferni came up, proving to have been just as violent in the past as it had been in recent years. It was just further evidence to the Marino that the majority of the clan of coyotes was trouble and to be avoided. The Aatte woman confided that she would rather die than let the fate of her old home befall Crimson Dreams. Ehno nodded, tone severe as he spoke. “I feel much the same way. I would fight to protect my family to my last breath.”

As the dark-furred Aedile said, Ehno imagined that his niece’s kidnapping must have been especially hard on Mati. He knew the Church girl cared for her deeply. Having her taken was truly tough on them all. “Yes, I fear I won’t be able to relax until I see both Cambria and Gotham safely back within our borders. None of us will.” He feared much for Cambria—his gentle niece would likely suffer terribly from the experience. She had already faced much more hardship in her young life than any wolf as kind and gentle as she deserved. And her dark-pelted brother had been within AniWayan clutches for so long that the uncle was beginning to fear the worst. The boy was strong though, brave. He had to believe that the young man would stay strong until he could be freed. “I am glad that you and your granddaughter managed to get away safely.” Things could have easily turned worse than just a stab wound in that situation. He couldn’t bare the thought of it.

Then, his companion made the wise decision to turn their discussion to less bleak topics. “Yes, you’re right. Dwelling on these troubles will do us more harm than good.” He nodded tiredly, running his hand through his hair once more. A distraction from these thoughts would be just what they needed. “I’ve been here a few years… three, at least.” He sat up straighter, thoughts drifting to the more peaceful past. “Came on a ship with some sailors from España. We came ashore here, had a bit too much to drink, and I was left behind.” He laughed at the memory, shaking his head slightly. It had been some time since he had recalled the drunken revelry that was responsible for his permanent change in location. “A bit worrying, at first, but it seemed to work out for the best.” Even if they were facing dark days now, there had been many more enjoyable ones in the past.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread