There's a reckoning still to be reckoned
[html]

Haha, yep! Luci's next in line to be brought back in. :] And apologies for my post being so short in comarison. ;P wc:510

The Marino nodded as she spoke her thanks and offered her own honest promise to protect his family as well. It was this sort of kindness and dedication that made all Dreamers one big family. To a man as family-focused as Ehno, this was greatly reassuring. It was what gave him hope that they could all get through these trying times. “We will all get through this together,” he said. The words were solemn, but a slight smile tugged at his lips. He had to have hope, or he would go insane with worry.

Soran admitted that ideas of a foolhardy solo attack had been on her mind as well. The appearance of her granddaughter had prevented that, however, an apparent twist of fate that brought her back home in one piece. As foolish as a move as it seemed, the Marino man would have been lying if he said that such an idea hadn’t crossed his mind as well. Something made him hesitate, though, and he had not gone ahead with any suicidal one-man attacks. He sighed, nodding in understanding. “I think that thought has crossed all of our minds at least once. The idea of striking on my own seemed tempting at times.” Dark times, where the worry and anger threatened to consume him whole.

He squeezed her hand in return as she spoke reassuring promises to him. “Thank you,” he said quietly. They would get them back. They would be safe. Those words had been a reassuring mantra told to himself time and time again through these past few weeks. As he sat there on the porch, he repeated them a few times in his mind. They would be safe. They would be safe. They would be safe.

The Marino couldn’t help the short, bitter laugh that escaped his throat as Soran referred to fate as a cruel mistress. “Isn’t that the truth…” he agreed, shaking his head slightly. The mistress’s moodswings of late had been swift and harsh. When she wanted kindness, she gave it to them in spades. But the same could be said of her cruelty. Ehno had been through enough to know that to be true. The same could certainly be said of the dark-furred woman beside him. But what could they do but follow through with Fate’s whims and attempt to make the best of things?

The Aedile agreed that her leaders and his old friends would have made swift friends. As she referred to the leader Rurik as “very Russian and very piratey,” he couldn’t help but laugh light-heartedly. “Well, he sounds like a load of fun.” He grinned slightly, thinking back to his time with the sailors. “Hmm… I was with them a good couple of months. Spent time working with them in Santander before we set sail. We were supposed to be journeying to a place called Freetown, south of here. A storm took us farther north than intended and we stopped off shore here to wait for it to pass.” And when it did, oh, did they celebrate.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread