Someone once lied to us
[html]

Word Count :: 400+ Someone's got the hots for leader.

Her eyes bugged with surprise when he said her name and she couldn’t help but jerk her gaze to the King’s face for a moment; thankfully, though, she avoided meeting his green gaze. Even if he would forgive her the mistake she thought catching his eye might just liquefy her on the spot. Those eyes… so commanding, forceful, and captivating. She pitied anyone who made the mistake of trying to meet them for the wrong reasons.

He knew her. By the seas, he knew who she was! Was that good or bad? Good, Liliya decided in an instant, and in that same moment her back straightened and her shoulders squared out with pride. The Salsoan Boss knew who she was – a Russo, a Russian, Liliya. A small, shy little smile played on her tawny muzzle, though the arrogance she might have enjoyed was still subdued in the King’s presence.

“Thank you,” she replied to the compliment, truly grateful for the praise. His appreciation was a compliment to her heritage. “Is Russian - I come from Sobirat'sya in Rus.” Oh, how dearly she wanted her striking king to take some interest in her history. She focused on him from behind half lidded eyes and for a moment she was certain the very power of his well groomed tresses were causing her own to tangle on the spot, and she was painfully aware of how unkempt she was. Stop it, Liliya Russo, she silently admonished herself. Up until now she had felt little interest in men, why was she suddenly enraptured with this one? It is just his power, don’t be stupid.

“I am collectingk material,” she answered her king. She glanced over her shoulder and waved a hand at the building from which she emerged. “It is surprise buildingk has not fallen over yet. I am takingk useful wood and nails for dock I build in Tecolotl.” She couldn’t help but sound pleased with herself when she talked about the dock. It was hard work, and she was happy to know that others were learning of her efforts. “Is maybe half done, but then comes boat. I go slow because it take longk time for me to bringk wood back to shore. I use all of old boat makingk dock,” she chuckled uncomfortably. “So now I have to make new boat, too.”

Her smile broadened as she talked about the project, her mind momentarily distracted from the man’s beauty to thoughts of the sea and of her project. Despite her novice carpentry skills and limited resources the dock was coming along quite nicely. But the dawning smile lost some of its vibrancy when she fixated her gaze on the man again, that uncertainty beginning to sneak back in.

Image courtesy of mnshots@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-b02 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3AFsz.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#45799B; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:305px 0px 10px 0px; color:#142C3C; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-b02 b {color:#96BDD7; }
.liliya-b02 .post b:before { content: open-quote; }
.liliya-b02 .post b:after { content: close-quote; }
.liliya-b02 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-b02 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread