Make me Believe
[html]
ooc

“Then you don’t want to be Lilium?” Cercelee asked the question sincerely, because although Haku seemed to be honestly devoted to serving and protecting the pack, he had not seemed too interested in a higher position. Cercelee knew that Haku was smart enough to know what such a rank could do for him. Aside from leading a pack, Haku would be consulted in any going ons between Inferni, Dahlia de Mai and any of the other packs. He would even be in such a position to direct the relationship between the clans, it would make his work protecting the pack much easier. And Cercelee was fully prepared to give him that position, but only if he accepted it for what it was. “Haku, I don’t want to rule alone, but I won’t place anyone in a leader rank who does not wish to be there. Colibri put me where I didn’t belong, and I won’t be doing that to anyone else.” Cercelee spoke simply, her tone a little warmer towards the male. She could easily lecture him longer, although he hadn’t been outright disrespectful, Cercelee could easily demand more of him, and it would be within her right. However, she knew Haku well enough to know he would never take kindly to such acts of authority, and that at times he felt he knew best, he believed he was in control, and no amount of logic would help him to see otherwise. Cercelee would just have to work around it. “I don’t feel it’s in the pack’s best interest to have only a young, inexperienced, female leader. We appear weak, and besides the fact, I have no interest in war or Inferni, I can’t be everywhere at once, and I need someone who can deal with all that. I’d much rather deal with the inner workings of the pack, and leave this ugly mess to you. Out of all our members, I feel you’ll do the best with it, and you need to finish what you started anyway. But I can’t have a Lilium that has no respect for me or one that only takes the position because I asked, not because they felt they were up to the challenge.” Cercelee titled her head at her cousin, patient as a saint.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread