under starry skies
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... omsid2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Ayita,” Shandom said, his deep tones respectful and deferential. From the way she carried herself, the woman was of a higher rank than he – not that doing so was particularly difficult, as he’d only just joined Cours des Miracles. He hadn’t spent a lot of time considering what exactly he wanted to do in this strange new land, though he assumed it would be necessary sooner rather than later. It would be unwise for him to burden a pack with his needs when he could not give them something in return. Where he was from, that was punishable by death. Shandom did not think it would be necessary to assume any differently of these lands.

He was slightly embarrassed when he tried to recall who allowed him into Cours des Miracles and found he could not. Heady embarrassment rose through his veins like slow fire, and his confident smile wavered for a moment. Indeed, it was even more humiliating: she was the mate of the King, the leader of the pack. Naturally, he should be trying to impress the lady. Instead, he came up with absolutely nothing. “Unfortunately, I do not think I caught the man’s name who allowed me in, though I should be sure to make both of these gentlemen’s acquaintance soon.” Shandom grinned sheepishly at her, eyes cast downward. “I mean neither of these leaders disrespect, of course – I believe I am simply being forgetful on this lovely evening.”

But she’d mentioned something about a war, and Shandom could not help but to be intrigued. Political pack dynamics fascinated him to some extent, though it would not be prudent for him to admit that in such a situation. “I am sorry to hear that the lands have been at war, Lady Ayita Shandom began. “It is unfortunate that I arrived at such an inconvenient time. Discontent between packs is always hardest on those who are most involved. I hope you and your family have fared well?” Shandom’s sentence ended in polite questioning, hoping there would be a way to find more information. If there were a particularly aggressive pack… well, he’d want to avoid them.

Shandom does. Shandom thinks. Shandom says.

Table by Marie
<style> .Shandom p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;} .Shandom i {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; } .Shandom b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; } .Shandom {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:350px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread