I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun [dnd]
[html]
+3. For Jace.

She was untamed, like rushing water driven to dance by the changing of the winds. It was this sensation of the wild wind that stirred her in the early morning, before the sun gave back its full color to the earth. Her silver form had quietly risen among the grey blue of the world, hearing the call of her home, longing for the Mother's embrace once more. Nehalennia knew what happened to Her creatures if they stood against their calling, and though the journey would be long, the silver hybrid would not stop until she answered. The dark messenger flew overhead, calling into the early morning.

The travel had been slow, not by the hindrance of age so much as her lack of vision. But what the woman did have was wisdom, and a patience as vast as the sea. There was a reason Nehalennia was so drawn to the shores, and being among a new family that lived in the earth's splendor - utilizing gifts of both land and sea - she was drawn like a reed bending willfully in the wind. Sea spray tickled her skin as the aged woman neared, feeling the earth practically melt underneath her toes when her form pressed into golden sand, cloak sweeping over her footprints as the wise one glided upon the surface.

She was home, but not in the sense in the company of wolves and the beliefs that held them together. Neha was born upon the rocking sea, and indeed named for a goddess of which her clan believed in, and so felt a deep connection with the vast expanse of the world. As the water lapped hungrily at her feet, the salt water soaked into the edges of her coat, already trailing leaves and specks of sand. The aged woman made no move to remove herself from the water's edge, allowing her cloak to smell of dirt, dust, grime, and sea - of everything Nehalennia knew. "I welcome your embrace, dear Mother." Crooked teeth glinted under her grizzled lips, inhaling as each moment of her past began to swim upwards into remembrance and formed into a single drop, stinging the corners of her swirling orbs.

<style type="text/css">
.neha-tree3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000;}
.neha-tree3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.neha-tree3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#F5DEBF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/60Lpc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F5DEBF; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#233905; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]

Messages In This Thread