thaumaturgy
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

Moments passed as the hybrid and his mount waited. He wore nothing and felt the twinge of the encroaching cold well—he reviled in it. His pelt was thick enough to keep the winter at bay. While his wolverine quiver provided some protection, it was hardly as impressive as the bear-cloaked rider approaching. Ezekiel admired his fair mount, but he too wondered about the stallion unseen. Amber eyes appraised the mare before lifting to Sirius. Unlike the man’s subordinates, Ezekiel did not fear to look him in the eye. They had established the give-and-take dominance between them.

A coy smile crossed his face, and while he dipped his head slightly out of respect for the man’s territory, he remained straight-backed and dismounted with ease. Again there were subtle displays. Sirius would understand. They understood each other well enough by now. “I have a proposition for you, Sirius,” the blonde explained, red hand pulling the reigns of the horse towards him.

“Inferni…acquired these horses not long ago. They aren’t what I’m after. I have no use for skinny things like these,” he admitted with a snort. “Salsola knows horses. You can surely find me something better than these.” The bulging lump within his bag echoed his refusal to take no for an answer. Behind him, the horses snorted and shifted uneasily. Ezekiel ignored them, focused on Sirius alone.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread