Jupiter
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 535 :: Ophelia is the adorable one! <3 Sorry for this crappy post, btw. Ves will have more to say as she opens up a bit. :3

Did horses cause girls to completely lose their minds? Vesper was less than thrilled about meeting another happy-go-lucky luperci, but it was better than the alternative. She knew that she was lucky, meeting someone so friendly, but she had to wonder how wolves like that survived in life. Did they really want a scar-riddled stranger staying in their homes? Or did she look more pathetic than scary? She gave her wounded leg another lick then pricked her ears as Hamlet came up.

The coywolf had first assumed that Hamlet was a place, just like Nova Scotia. However, when the pronoun “he” started coming up, the hybrid blinked and cocked her head in confusion. “A book,” she echoed flatly, raising a brow and lifting the cut that ran across it. The explanation did make sense if one took out all the babbling, and she frowned. “You were named after a character in a book. Okay.” She looked to the side awkwardly. “Well, I can’t say I’ve ever read Hamlet, or any books at all.” And she refused to believe herself uneducated because of it. Wolves had gotten along fine for thousands of generations without needing to look at tiny letters on a page. She’d never even seen a book before, if she thought about it, due to how fragile the pages became.

She held back a remark when Ophelia sniffed at her horse, but she was glad that she hadn’t upset the chocolate-furred girl. She had hay for brains, but she only meant the best. The coywolf was considering what she had been offered, but when she made her decision that she didn’t want help, Ophelia finally showed signs of hurt. Her ears lowered, and the smile that had danced gleefully across her face faded and turned downward. Her stammered apology struck the hybrid with guilt, and she wondered if she was getting too soft.

Once the apologies were over, Vesper smirked faintly. “I could be a lot less snappy, I guess, and you could be less talky. You’re probably used to wolves with a bit of manners, anyway.” She shrugged her shoulders again, admitting that she didn’t know much when it came to social interaction. She was fine enough to hold her own, and she wasn’t antisocial, but her nature as a loner meant that she was proud and aloof.

“Just be careful who you let into your home,” the tawny female muttered. “You might run across someone more of a threat than me.”

She blinked when the girl sat down and asked her if she needed anything, and for a second the loner considered the offer. Swallowing her pride, she padded forward again and glanced at the second chair meant for her. It would take a bit of a jump to get up on it, due to her lack of a tall two-legged form, so she instead settled down on the ground near the young woman.

“I suppose some meat and water would be nice, but I tend to wander rather than settling down in one place, even for a few days.” She forced herself to meet the girl’s pretty blue eyes. “I hope you understand…though this is some set-up you have around here.”

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread