deadbeat.
[html]
No worries, I didn't have power for over a week anyway X__x Killed my posting being out two weekends in a row, but hopefully I'll be back on track now 6_6
§

The man chuckled gently at Octavius' initial confusion and subsequent threat. Your mother is quite a powerful woman, he agreed, half talking to himself. It was truly a strange remark to make; Barry mostly knew Naniko in the context of a friendly client, not as an Alpha or corporal enforcer. But to lead a pack twenty-something strong, command the loyalty and obedience of terrible beasts like Ravesque, and raise a young litter, she had to be one hell of a robust, indomitable force to be reckoned with. The more he learnt about her, the more fascinating she became. She seemed so far beyond him in a lot of ways, but somehow not out of reach. Perhaps through the weed they could get down on the same level; maybe he was just lucky he felt comfortable around almost anyone. Maybe he just didn't give himself enough credit. It was easy to sell yourself short in the face of the uncertain and unexpected.

The tiny duo now presented him with another titbit of unexpected information — it seemed his mini-lookalike was quite the troublemaker. If they hadn't agreed so readily and spoken with such great conviction in their youthful voices, he might've thought they were being hyperbolic. One brow arched high as he studied them, temporarily at a loss for words. Sounds like she has her paws full... he remarked at last, frowning pensively. Oh, if only he knew the extent of it. Fortunately, since he did not, it was easy to shrug it off. The greyscale pup finally seemed to settle down a bit and the adult tipped his head as the boy switched rapidly between subjects. The earth-toned male laughed again; it was starting to look more like Severus was his son, after all. Though endearing, he sincerely hoped his scatterbrained genetics wouldn't affect the boy too greatly; his inattentiveness, impulsivity, and general recklessness had gotten him into a lot of trouble as a kid. Then again, Severus seemed fairly cautious and it appeared Judas took the spotlight most of the time, so maybe it would be okay.

As for his name? Well... I'm Barry, he began slowly. Did Naniko tell them about him? But you can call me 'Dad.'

<style>
.barry-decay p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barry-decay b {color:#F29D1A; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;text-shadow: #834A15 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-decay b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-decay b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-decay {font-family: verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#834A15; text-align: justify; letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... y-name.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:175px 0px 15px 0px;width:100%;border:0;}
.barry-decay p:first-letter {font-size:17px;font-weight:normal;font-family:georgia,serif;}
.barry-decay-ext{background-color:#aaa; border:3px double #000000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; width:495px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;}
.barry-decay .ooc {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; margin:0px;font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#BD5B0F;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:0px;}
.barry-decay .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #222222;}
.barry-decay .split {text-align:center; color:#441b00; font-size:20px;display:block; -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg);-moz-transform: rotate(90deg);-ms-transform: rotate(90deg);-o-transform: rotate(90deg);transform: rotate(90deg);}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread