comfortable inside these wounds
[html]

Heyy. Big Grin Sorry for the short and crappy
post; I wasn't sure what to write. >>

The tawny coywolf remained tense, poised to fight or flee in case a bad-intentioned animal came across the section of beach. The last thing she needed was another confrontation in her state. She sighed and nibbled at the fish again, her full ear swiveling to catch the sounds of footfalls among the rocks. They had started out distant, but as they grew closer, she lifted her head expectantly. Finally, a pale shape came from around the rocks: a young arctic wolf, one of the few non-luperci Ves had seen aroudn Nova Scotia.

The voice that drifted across to her was friendly, but not bubbly like some girls the hybrid met. When her injuries were pointed out, Vesper fought back her defensiveness and listened to the rest of the young woman’s words.

“I’ll be okay,” the coyote hybrid said, her voice not friendly but not too impolite; at least Kiara was asking calmly instead of dancing around fretting like Ophelia had been. She smirked slightly at the memory and stepped a little closer. “My name’s Vesper.”

The distant peal of thunder drew her attention back to the brewing storm clouds, and she frowned before glancing back at the arctic wolf. She found it needless to point out the threat of the approaching downpour, but she didn’t know what to do about it. The forest was a lot further away than she imagined.

Letting the awkward silence stretch, Vesper turned back to the ocean, her blue eyes picking out an island she hadn’t seen before. Winds had dispersed the mist that hung around the isle, and she wondered how far away it would be, if it would be worth it to swim. Still, she could see the outlines of trees and jutting rocks. It would be a nice play to loll while protected by the storm, but she didn’t know if she could swim the distance.

Her expression was decidedly wicked as she glanced at the white wolf, using her tail to gesture toward the island. “I know we just met, but do you fancy a little exploration?”

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread