comfortable inside these wounds
[html]

Word Count → 544

Now that the pair had made it to the island, finding shelter would be their first priority. However, Kiara was not sure that moving Vesper would be a good idea. The coywolf seemed weak and was badly injured. Some of her wounds had reopened, and although Vesper didn't show it, she had to be hurting. The arctic wolf was thankful that Vesper had allowed her to get in close enough to examine her wounds. For Kiara, such a thing was reflex and she only just now realized how rude she had been. Vesper flashed the young wolf a smile, but Kiara still had
doubts about her condition. The she wolf's suspicions were confirmed when Vesper went to lay down.

Kiara was reluctant to let Veseper move, but they were strangers and it was not Kiara's place to tell the coywolf what to do. As Vesper struggled to stand Kiara looked towards the line of trees and then up to darkening sky. Could they make it? Vesper's pace was slow and deliberate. Though she tried to hide her injuries, it was obvious to Kiara that the girl was not doing so well. Once again, the snow wolf matched Vesper's pace and walked next to the injured girl. Although she gave Vesper room to maneuver, Kiara did not want to travel to far from the coywolf. If Vesper's strength gave out, Kiara wanted to be able to assist her as fast as possible.

The question Vesper had posed puzzled Kiara. The arctic wolf had not been in Nova Scotia long and had joined the first pack she came across. The young wolf was unfamiliar with the standings of the other packs and knew nothing of their policies. Kiara's head tilted away (more out of habit than anything else) as she pondered the question and her response. Kiara faced forward again, but kept an ear trained on Vesper. Well...Ichika is a peaceful pack, though I'm the only normal wolf that I know of. Although, there are many different types of canines within the pack itself. Um... it's a big pack! The she wolf gave Vesper a sheepish smile. She wasn't sure what Vesper had meant by "different." Oh, there is this really weird coyote. He smells funny, kinda like smoke. He talks weird too. He called my sunflower, and said man all the time. Kiara began to mimic the hippies way of speaking with exaggerated tones. What's up maaaan! How you doing maaan. Peace and love, maaaaan. The young wolf laughed a little and returned to her normal speech. But otherwise, they are really friendly. The pack took me in, just like that.

As the pair walked towards the trees, Kiara described to Vesper her first encounter with the Ichika no Ho-en pack. She explained that she had arrived to Nova Scotia only recently and that the pack had been kind enough to take her in. The young wolf talked about how Eclipse had kept her company till the leader had arrived, and how the pack had made her feel welcome and treated her like family. Kiara also explained that she wasn't a fully established member yet and still needed to do her initiation task. But once that was done, she would become part of the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread