comfortable inside these wounds
[html]

I would have replied to this sooner, but I've
been having a really crappy week.

“I probably would have been drier out in the rain,” Vesper muttered, half humorously to her companion and half contemptuously to herself. It wasn’t often that common sense fled her like that, but she supposed jumping into the ocean was better than picking fights, which she’d wanted to do since the attack. That damn brute had screwed her up more than he’d known, though the old nonchalant Vesper was breaking back through. Her senses were simply a bit shaken up.

And now her body was. Exhausted and sore as she was, she pressed on. It had always been helpful to her to grin and bear it, as forcing herself to get used to the pain made the pain seem less intense. Even now, she abandoned her careful gait for a quick hobble that would hopefully take them more quickly to shelter. She (and her pride) definitely didn’t want Kiara to have to slow down for her.

She nodded slightly as the arctic wolf described her pack—a peaceful one, made up of luperci just like most others. It didn’t sound remarkable, unless the peace aspect was more exaggerated than Ves thought. Her blue eyes widened slightly as Kiara described the strange coyote, and she laughed at the impression. “I would either be very irritated by him or really get along with him,” Vesper teased, though she couldn’t keep the amused smirk off her face now. She listened politely as Kiara told her story about the pack.

“A lot of packs seem like that,” she went on, thinking of Blind and Crimson Dreams. “They’ll take in others without question… It seems crazy, but I guess the wolves around here are nicer than I give them credit for, hm?” Her smirk softened. “Like you, I suppose. You’re putting up with me—or maybe you’re as insane as I am.” She flicked her tail teasingly, swatting the other’s nose as she trotted forward. They’d finally reached the trees, and she sniffed around for a hollow to settle down in.

There was a nice, sheltered area that was well-protected without making her claustrophobic; though she liked to hide in small spaces for protection, sharing that space with another canine would make her too antsy. She settled down on her belly, sighing in relief, then patted the ground in front of her to gesture Kiara to lie down. “Have you explored much of the rest of Nova Scotia?”

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread