comfortable inside these wounds
[html]

Vesper smirked slightly, nodding as they walked. “Well, insane and nice can go hand in hand sometimes.” She wasn’t against charity—though she liked to be selfish most of the time—but never would she offer her home to someone she didn’t trust yet. Then again, how else were the packs around here supposed to work? Back home, any groups of wolves she’d run across had been the traditional, family packs. She’d lived in an undeveloped and “uncivilized” part of the wilderness where few wolves stood on two legs and everyone looked out for themselves. Was this “niceness,” the same as the luperci virus, a state of civilization?

It hurt her head a little to think about it. “I think peace is the way to go, so long as you can defend yourself when someone disagrees with that.” She realized how cynical she sounded and quickly lowered her head, frowning. “I don’t mean any disrespect, Kiara. Then again, I’m just a scarred, rambling old hermit, right?” she asked jokingly. A few weeks away from reaching two years, many (at least those who didn’t know her mind) would call her a girl, but she still felt wiser than most of the wolves she passed.

It was nice to finally be speaking in the trees. The patter of rain fell mostly on the leaves overhead, leaves Ves knew would soon blow away as the autumn aged. For now, however, the cover was very welcome. She rolled onto her side, stretching her limbs out briefly before the arctic wolf settled down next to her. Cautious of invading personal space, Vesper left distance between them but swished her tail to the side so it barely touched Kiara’s. She was grateful to her for helping her out—a scarred stranger with an insane idea.

“No, I’m not in a pack,” the coyote hybrid said. “It’s not that I’m totally opposed against being in one, it’s just…” She shrugged. “I don’t settle down as quickly as others might. I want to make sure it’s the right choice before I join.” She smirked and rested her chin on her legs. “It’d be nice to be part of a community like that, but… I’m fine being alone, too. Always have been.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread