Tired And Broken
[html]

Pshhh, I see no crappy writing. Tongue No worries. wc:326

He was pleased to find that the girl was able to relax. The cautious look in her eyes slowly melted away, replaced by curiosity. She answered his question with ease, and he felt himself relaxing slightly now that she seemed comfortable. That was good—he knew that in his beat-up state he might have presented a rather intimidating picture. Well, that, or rather pathetic. He certainly felt that way when his side gave him a particularly fierce ache.

Piacere, Blind. It is good to meet you,” he said in return, his usual friendly smile gracing his maw in full force. “Yes, company is certainly nice, as is the peace,” he agreed, words picking up a slightly solemn tone. Peace, yes. That was a relief to have. It still seemed odd for the Marino to consider that their days of strife were supposedly at an end. Yes, the threat in the form of the tyrant of AniWaya and his protectors had been removed, but it was still somewhat difficult for the Dreamer to keep his guard down for long. Family and friends had returned to them, and he wanted to make sure they would stay safe.

But there was no need to consider that now. He brushed the thoughts aside, focusing instead on the girl sitting nearby. “Tell me, Blind, how are you liking it here? I hope Crimson Dreams has been treating you well.” Translation: I hope that you have been lucky enough to escape the war’s clutches. New faces would come and go from their packlands at times, and he hoped that the violence that had surrounded the land of Dreamers until a few days past would not scare the girl into leaving. Truly, he could not have blamed her if the thought of fighting did make her change her mind. Crimson Dreams used to be a safe and peaceful place, and it would take them time to feel comfortable with that label once again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread