Tired And Broken
[html]

Boop, bit of a delay due to hectic holiday time. o:

Blind quickly set to work on cleaning the cut on his arm. There was the brief sting as his wound was first disturbed, but the pain soon faded to the background. He was thankful for her kindness in offering to help him. It seemed the Dreamers had collected another compassionate soul into their ranks. It was easy to grow used to the feel of her tongue against his wound as she cleaned it almost rhythmically. Nature’s most basic remedy. It reminded him briefly of his place of birth, where wolves did not shift, instead choosing to live simplistic traditionalist lives.

Her question prompted a smile to tug at the corners of his mouth. He supposed he did seem a novel creature to those in the area unacquainted with the Marino family. Even in the greater scheme of things, the Marinos still made quite a sight here in Nova Scotia with their melodic language and accented words. “Fate saw fit to bring my family across the sea, one at a time,” he joked, though part of him believed it to be true. Ehno was a firm believer in Fate, as fickle as she was with their lives at times. His smile widened and he shook his head, moving on to a more serious answer. “I had a fondness for adventure when I was younger. Took to the sea, and on our way out to a port south of here, wound up stranded here. Lucky for me, my siblings were drawn to the sea as well, and I still have my family by my side.” It always amused the Marino to recall how he had arrived here, and the thoughts brought an easy warmth to his features.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread