illabye
[html]

wc:344

It was an incredible relief to the Marino when the initially tense situation eased into something more relax. The conflict with AniWaya had left the Dreamer very high strung. Usually Ehno would not be so quick to fly to the defensive, but he had trained himself to see threats in every shadow for a number of weeks now, and it was turning out to be a hard habit to shake off. But now that he and the stranger had begun to relax, he was beginning to drift back to more of his usually friendly demeanor. The other introduced himself as Kostya, and Ehno returned the nod of greeting. “I’m Ehno,” he said in turn. “It is good to meet you also.”

Kostya didn’t seem to know anything about Ehno’s missing tools, claiming that he’d simply come in here and settled right down to sleep. It was understandable; Ehno would likely have done much the same had he been traveling around this area alone. And it seemed as if this male was indeed a loner. The Dreamer couldn’t detect any familiar pack scents mingling with his own. The dark wolf offered to lend a hand in Ehno’s search of the cabin. “If it is not too much trouble, that would be great. I’m looking for some of my woodcarving tools. They should be in a small bag somewhere around here… I’m not all that sure exactly where I left them last time.”

The other wolf took the time then to shift from his four-legged form, likely to better aid in the search. Ehno stepped in past the doorway. Amber eyes studied the spear in his hands for a moment, considering. It didn’t seem like he would need it now that the situation seemed rather relaxed, but he still wasn’t eager to part with it. Yet even if things did turn violent, the weapon wouldn’t have been very much use to the inexperienced fighter in such a closed in space. With that in mind he made his decision, setting the spear to lean against the wall.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread