Joining
Terra stiffened for a minute. She wasn't used to being questioned. She'd forgotten that most of the tricks she'd learned were from her coyote pack, back west. They wouldn't know them. Terra mulled the question around in her mind. She wanted to impress them, but the truth wasn't that impressive. Perhaps maybe the fact that it was so simple would shock them, that she had noticed something the others hadn't.

I watch and listen. People give it away in their tone, their movements. I can give you a sample, if you care for it. The questions they were asking confirmed the rumors. There really was a pack war happening! It wasn't for territory, or food, or anything that made sense. Apparently a mad wolf had managed to take charge. They didn't want her for her skills, then, but as another body to throw in the fodder.

Terra grinned at the prospect. This new life wasn't going to be peaceful, but it definitely was going to be interesting. The rest of her former pack would love this! Too bad they were just normal. Terra wasn't sure they would have been able to keep up. Feeling confident Terra casually licked her side, trying to remove some of the dirt. She would have to be careful now. I think I'll take your advice, she nodded towards the bigger one, I'll stay in the hotel.

Messages In This Thread