sometimes you forget where the heart is
[html]

(461)
I shouldn't, but I am. 8| Also Eris could use her some mary-jane. c; I also actually don't think Eris and Clover have met yet. @_@ We'll pretend they have, yus? It would be weiiird for them to be living in SL together so long and not know one another, at least in passing. c; If not, PM me and I edit.

The backs of her hands ached. They would ache for weeks, and they would begin to itch, soon, too. The sable hybrid's flesh had been cut into, the marks of her pack finally carved into skin and meat and muscle. It had been a sad and strange thing, being unable to add those marks to herself, but now, her children were old enough; she no longer feared infection and illness while pregnant and while breast-feeding. Enigma still needed her mothering talents, of course, but he, too, would be weaned soon, and one child was far easier to care for than three.

She had wrapped them in a soft cloth, some ancient linen turned yellow with time's endless spin. Faint patches of red and rusty brown showed through on the tops, evidence of the wounds beneath. Her arms felt weak and tired, but her heart might have been sailing through the air a hundred feet above her head. She wore the marks now, and she would always wear them, a physical reminder of her tie to Salsola. Eris did not need a reminder that she dwelt within Salsola, that she gave it strength and it gave her strength in return, but it was good, all the same.

Winter had begun to nibble at their peninsula, far off and on the edge of Drifter Bay. It would be even colder soon, Eris knew. She welcomed the cold and the change of seasons; with them, the years would pass and her children and her pack would grow ever-stronger. The old stones of the ruins hunkered on either side of her, and the hybrid paused a moment, her small black ears swiveling to catch the sounds of movement from somewhere nearby. Curious, she started forward, wincing as her hand knocked into one of the old stones.

Clover, the sable woman said, her voice bright with anticipation. The sable hybrid had only met Clover a few times -- it would seem the blonde woman was reclusive, or Eris had been busy -- probably a good mixture of both, if the dark woman was fair about it. Her children always kept her busy, and there was the minor matter of running the pack. Just this moment, however, there was nothing pressing to occupy The Auxiliary's time, and she thought she might spend it with this Associate.

Where are you headed? the dark coyote inquired, sweetly -- she did not entirely discount that Clover might visit her family in Inferni -- well, their family, in truth, since Eris was as much a Lykoi as Clover -- and she would have information and updates about their coyote neighbor's movements, if the Associate was headed in that way. Such things were more valuable than spending time together, after all.

<style>
#sieSimple {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px; }
#sieSimple p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#sieSimple .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
#sieSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sieSimple u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sieSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple hr { width:85%; margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread