sometimes you forget where the heart is
[html]

Word Count → 596 ::
First of all, sorry for the longest.. wait.. ever! Secondly, this post is kind of all over the place, and please let me know if you'd like me to change anything! I sorta fast-forwarded to the garden and assumed they talked some. I was thinking maybe after checking on the plants, she could show Eris the pot she already has cured? Perhaps even give her that, and show her the shrooms? :o

Though Eris was the powerful, somewhat intimidating leader alongside Sirius (whom Clover so adored) she was also a part of Clover’s new family. Here in this circumstance, Eris was not entirely the girl’s Auxiliary anymore. Instead, Eris was a member of the family – like a protective aunt, or sister-in-law. The earnest interest she showed in response to Clover’s plant supply made the girl’s heart jump with delight; it was always a great thing to find someone with a similar interest. Let me show you then, Miss Eris. Gripping the russet leather of her knapsack, Clover turned to continue the trek towards the pack’s garden alongside the Eternity woman.

Her knowledge of cannabis had begun to accumulate ever since she was a child and had grown up around it. Though it was true that she grew up in a pack that did not particularly stay in one place, it seemed as if where ever Juniper Peace went that they had an ample supply of marijuana plants and bud to smoke. Almost anyone and everyone was willing to teach the children of their group, but Clover in particular took a great interest in learning about the plants. She felt a great connection to Mother Earth and it had become one of her passions ever since. In fact, scribbled in the leather bound journal tucked safely with the rest of her possessions was a collection of information she had gathered over her few years of life about growing and harvesting various plants. She was thankful for her ability to read and write, for her knowledge had only broadened upon discovering great volumes hidden away in old human buildings.

She learned the various properties of indigenous plants and how they could aid in healing, be used for consumption, or even for aesthetics. Though unlike Enkiel, the skilled medic she had once lived with amongst the coyotes of Inferni, Clover was not advanced in healing. Her strong knowledge and confidence remained with the cultivating of her plants, not necessarily always with the applied usage.

Their trek there did not seem to take too long, and the idle chatter that delivered them had been much appreciated by Clover. It had been quite some time since she had had a carefree conversation with someone, and had not been plagued with thoughts of what else she must accomplish. She felt truly at peace on this day – truly like she belonged here within Salsola, with Eris at her side – and it was no surprise that she did not think of her previous home in Inferni once, nor those she had left behind.

These are my babies, Clover divulged, kneeling on the soft, cool earth once they had moved into view of the three plants. Of course a wide variety of plants had been gathered to grow here, but the young Associate’s attention had instantly gone to these. One didn’t seem to be doing as well as the others, but Clover was confident that they would survive. The rest had died away, but she had invested the time to make sure these precious plants of hers would not leave her. The yield they would provide Salsola once they were up to full health once again would be rather great, and her new family would be in no short supply of her favorite herb. They’ve been growing stronger since the move, but they still aren’t quite how I’d like them to be. We might be able to harvest some cuts though, Clover chimed hopefully, letting her gaze find Eris again and offering the woman a wide, beaming smile.

<style>
#cloverSimple { font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:13px; word-spacing:2px; width:95%; margin:0px auto; line-height:18px; }
#cloverSimple p { text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#cloverSimple .txtooc { text-align:left; font-size:11px; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#cloverSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; text-transform: uppercase; font-style:normal; }
#cloverSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#cloverSimple u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#cloverSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#cloverSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#cloverSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#cloverSimple hr { width:85%; margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread