Deviation Ecstatic
[html]

WC:400+ - No problem at all don't feel like you have to be super-speedy, I'm fairly tortoisey myself... and nice post! <3

As she built, she was also constructing a plan in her mind, vague but thrilling. She could use this shelter as an outpost, a stop-gap home from home whenever she made her foraging trips. But mostly, these thoughts were only presenting themselves as an excuse for her craft. She was creating for the joy of it - not for any practical reason, although those could often be found in time even for the most ridiculous creation. She was proud of her ground-level treehouse, though, already considering what to cover the floor in, what to insulate the woven walls with. The shape that had naturally emerged was rather like a tall onion, rounded sides and a conglomeration of thin, wispy stick ends at the top. The door was shaped like a narrowed eye, stood on end - or an oval that came to two points, an organic looking split as if the canes had been pulled aside like a curtain, but large enough to admit her without need to bend - and she was just stepping back to admire her handiwork and considering going inside to try it out for size, when a voice hailed her and she whirled, immediately squaring herself. She had not been expecting anyone, which was perhaps why she had not smelled or heard their approach.

It was a wolf, snow-furred and scar-faced, trailing a scent of a pack she did not recognise, and she reminded him of someone he once knew. For a second she shivered, contemplating those areas of blank amnesia that seemed to exist in her mind, wondering if it was in fact she that he had met. This fancy only lasted a second - of course it was ridiculous, he would have known her; she had not changed much over her short life, except to grow in size and strength - quite considerably in both, in fact. "I do?" she merely questioned his assertion, arching one brow quizzically. "Sure hope it's a good memory." Now, why was that? Did she hope so much to impress him, this stranger whose opinion was utterly inconsequential to her - wasn't it? Shandom. No longer a stranger. "Well hey - I'm Caprica. You didn't, I'd just finished... the fun part at least." She smiled, running one hand over the whip-branched wall. "Thanks for the consideration."

Image courtesy of Ant Jackson@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread