Strong and brave, is the heart of a mother.
At the sound of a box collapsing to the ground, the young pup was first to be woken. Confident and alert, his ears captured the sound's directions, and turning to face it, he saw another pup. He wasn't too much afraid as he knew too familiar the scent of a young canine such as himself. He wagged his tail, let out a single loud "yip" and ran up to the other. Bowing forward, his tail held high in a playful gesture, he let out another small "yip".

Anya heard all the commotion and stood up, shaking off some of the saw dust from her fur. She turned her head to find little Nikolas playing beside another young pup. At first she was concerned he had been gotten lost or separated from his pack. Suddenly from the side of her eye she caught a glimpse of what must of been their caretaker.

She cautiously took a step back, lowering her head down in a respectful way. "Oh, I am sorry for trespassing.. these young pups must belong to your pack..as I'm certain they couldn't possibly be all of yours." She smiled and laughed softly, wagging her tail briefly. She couldn't contain her naturally flirtatious personality when being next to most males.

She paused for a moment, staring directly at him and held her head up in a more confident stance, ears erect. "I am Anya and this is my son Nikolas..We have been traveling for days, searching for food and shelter and I mean you no harm. We wont survive here on our own for much longer. Surely have pity for this young mother and her child." She looked back at the young ones for a short moment then turned to face him. "As I can see you are out here with them by yourself. If in any way I could make myself of use to you, my pup and I wish to join the pack from which you came."

Nikolas broke away from the rough and tumbling crowd of playful pups in the boxes and sat next to his mother. He whimpered and nuzzled into her soft, furry chest. She looked down at her son and licked his nose. She smiled at him and then looked back up at the tall, unfamiliar male, awaiting his reply, ears tucked in, and tail between her legs. She had to be careful not to offend him in anyway as he still could possibly be a threat to her and the young one, being lone wolves.

Messages In This Thread