Escape into captivity [LEADER]
[html]

(555)
I've edited "leader needed" into your topic title so they knows to come around. C: I hope your manfriend is okay, though. >_o Infections are never pleasant business...

Myrika's warm grin returned in full force at Nyx's question, her cerulean eyes dancing with amusement as she shook her head. She would not laugh at this newcomer, fearing it might make her feel unwelcome, but she could not help her amusement. To ban all hybrid blood here was to spit in the face of all its history, Myrika thought. She was hardly an expert, but she had discussed this clan's origins and its turbulent beginnings with the most knowledgeable source: the old woman who had grown so with Inferni.

No, of course not. Hybrids are allowed here, so long as they have coyote heritage to speak of, Myrika said, nodding. There was probably some cut-off point -- it would be silly to allow a wolf with a coyote ancestor ten generations ago into Inferni, though Myri didn't know how someone would be aware of ten generations of their own history: in her estimation, Luperci had only been around a few decades at best. Anything prior to the advent of shifting and the Optime form, anything before writing, really, was unsubstantiated at best.

I don't know what a jackal is, but I'm sure it's fine. You're coyote enough, I'd guess. I'm a hybrid, myself, and so are both leaders of the clan, she said, thinking on it. In fact, I don't rightly know if we have any pure coyotes, she added, one shoulder lifting in a brief, small shrug. It was of no consequence to her: Myrika didn't hate wolves. She was partly one, after all. She wouldn't have required any percentage of coyote heritage in order to join the clan, but Myrika was, after all, simply a scout; she was far from the Legatus rank and further still from Aquila.

I think that'll about do it, the rusty-hued woman said, satisfied with this knowledge. I'll call for a leader. One of them will show up and say whether you can join, I guess. The hybrid took a few short steps away from Nyx and lifted her head to call for Ezekiel or Sage. Her cry was distinctly coyote -- high in pitch and short, it ended in something almost like a bark. Eira snorted her apparent amusement at Myrika's noise, but merely swished her tail and continued to graze. She was too used to Luperci activity to be startled by it.

The business end of their transaction complete, Myri turned back toward the newcomer, smiling. I think you'll be fine, she reassured, though in truth the coyote had little idea of what the Legatus looked for in newcomers. This was, after all, her first turn at the borders. Perhaps she should have discussed scout's duties with the old woman; surely that would be more handy than old, long-buried history. Did you come a long way from wherever it is you're from? she inquired, politely enough -- the inquiry regarded the journey, though it was framed with an opening for the dark coyote to speak of her past, if she so wished; if not, that was fine, too. Myrika didn't go around telling everyone about little old Thornloe, after all -- no one wanted to listen to tales of childhood awkwardness in a sleepy little village.

<style>
#sieSimple {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px; }
#sieSimple p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#sieSimple .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
#sieSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sieSimple u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sieSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple hr { width:85%; margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread