Call out my name and I will be there
sorry it took me so long, Honrin coming first - all white fur, male
5+

The woman cringed and whined and moaned with the tidal wave of contractions that rippled over her. This torment was all consuming and in the heat of her pain the woman swore she would never again give birth as all women do during this time. But Jace's thoughts would never be true the guardian women loved the idea of children too much to simply stop at one litter. Down here in the warmer south they had a much better chance of survival and with the pack's help maybe they would all live to adulthood. She bedded furthur down into her nest of material trimmings as though she could hide from the pain within the comfortable recesses of he makeshift birthing bed.

One blanket however remained whole and had not been shredded. It sat close to the pile of confetti like mass within easy reach of Jace. It was the one that Wretch had given her not a week ago at Noah and Rendall's mateship ceremony. Jace reached out and touched the soft material with her fingers, feeling it gently. Her breathing became more and more labored and she found herself unable to respond to Temo's words. Her panic however settled as he confirmed he wouldn't leave and the fur around her ruff that had poofed out laid back down around her neck. She could feel another wave of agony baring down upon her and her hand shot out to cling onto Temo's, her claws digging into his flesh deeply but not on purpose as the woman screamed loudly, the sound filling up the entire house and causing the horses to trot about nervously in their pen.

Pressure mounted and then released suddenly as she pushed the mass of flesh and fluid into the outside world. For her fatness and exhaustion the speed at which she leaned forwards to retrieve her child was astounding. The sticky membranes were licked away to reveal the tiny male child underneath. Blood was all that stained his purest of white fur and the boy child cried out in shock at being suddenly cold. Tailo had sounded just like it when he had cried out and Jace waited hardly daring to breath for a second one. Please don't let him die too.

But it did. And again and again. The boy continued to cry out his unimpressed opinion of the cold new world around him sounding more like a cat than the hybrid of dogs and wolves that he was. Her relief was palatable and very obvious in her body language. The boy had taken on the coloring of his grandmother and her clan and he would always be able to pass for an arctic wolf unlike herself and her sister. A small sliver of light pierced the gloom from a gap between the material and window as the clouds parted for a mere second and struck the pup as Jace held him out to Temo. Jace looked to the light and felt tears gathering in her eyes Look mother, I did it. He's beautiful just like you are

Messages In This Thread