pride and pain
[html]

The jackal hybrid pointed out that she could easily be sent away, and Vesper flattened her ears, fighting back a smart remark. She didn’t mean to sound ungrateful, and she realized now that her question could have come across as rude. It looked like her social skills weren’t as polished as she liked to think. “I’ll take my chances with the coyotes,” she said instead, the humor in her voice muffled by her exhaustion. Now that she was tired and had nothing else to focus on, the pain was creeping back up, and she was interested to know what herbs he’d be using. Her mother had taught her that seeds from the poppy flower helped, though she wasn’t an expect healer.

She sniffed the air as he turned, gathering whatever herbs he needed and preparing the drink. He told her that she was a patient tonight, and the freedom to do what she wanted after her condition had improved unexpectedly intimidated her. As much as she liked to be independent, the thought of going out into the rocky world of the neutral territories bothered her.

“I will stay,” Vesper said slowly. “I do not know how for how long. But I will pull my weight around for as long as you’re gracious enough to watch over me.” Working or at least being a model patient for the medic would make her feel less like this was charity.

She chuckled suddenly. “To think I wanted to meet Inferni coyotes… I didn’t think I’d go about it this way.”

Image courtesy of venomxbaby@deviantart; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Ves2 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Ves2 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Ves2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#485776; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Ves2 t {font-family:verdana; color:#485776; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Ves2 {background-color:#232631; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #171a22; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5717/vespertab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:306px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Ves2-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread