fill your journals
[html]

(567)
I... wonder if I've ever had a Rose thread before? >_o I think not. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. |8 I'm assuming Eris and Odessa have met in passing before, probably not one-on-one but in the Last Supper and stuff, yuh. If this isn't okay, please PM me and lemme know, and I'll change it right away. o: <3 Also I am sorry for rambling at you. ~_~ The first two paragraphs are skippable.

Eris is by Kiri!

Cold nibbled delicately at Eris's flesh, sweeping in on the breeze from the bay. The wind was near constant in Salsola's territory, driving inward from the bay or down the side of the mountain. At times it was barely more than a whispery breeze; other times, it howled and tore at one's fur. Today was a mild day, however, and the temperature was moderately warm. The wind was bearable, at least far into the pack's territory. Eris thought if she ventured by the coast, she'd find it windier and colder. Not that it was anything to her -- the dark Auxiliary had the thick fur of a wolf to keep her warm, after all.

As much of a hybrid as she was, Eris hardly carried the appearance of one. She did not move like a coyote, either -- her stride, walking or running, was decidedly wolfish. She prowled through the ruins, hoping for company and finding none. It was her job to strenthen relations between Salsola and include all with the Family's warmth; she was mother, after all. Her own children were likely running, playing, exploring. They were growing older now, and soon, they would be adults. Pandemic and Salvia had aged in a flash. Wretch, too, would be nearly an adult now. Two of her children would never live to see adulthood, though.

She squished those thoughts into nothing, tucking them into the fascicle of festering hurt. It had rotted black, buried deep in some warm crevice of her soul. It would grow, sooner or later, too. For now, however, Eris was holding it together, if only for her pack. She could not give an appearance of weakness, no matter how much she ached. Up ahead, she could see someone, leaned against one of the picturesque cottages of the Coatl village. Her ears perked and she altered course, headed toward Odessa with a grin on her dark muzzle.

Eris herself was once capable of reading, but never writing -- she had tried her hand at it more than once, even seriously studying it once upon a time. Her hand was not made for such work, however -- it took such delicacy to carve the tiny little letters. While her hand might be capable of using a knife to cut flesh into simplistic designs, the many strokes and swishes of letters were beyond her. Hello, Odessa, the hybrid said warmly, deigning to bend and offer a customary nuzzle to the cheek of the grayscale wolf. What are you writing? she inquired, straightening as soon as she had delivered her greeting. It wouldn't do to remain stooped before an underling, she knew, but the gesture was their custom, after all.

She did not know Odessa was capable of writing. In fact, she did not know much of anything about Larkspur's niece. This made her and Odessa family of sorts, she thought, though they were already Family, and that was enough. Still, the coyote hybrid peered curiously at the daughter of Wisteria, perhaps noticing for the first time her prettiness. Her hair was wavy and long, sweeping halfway down her back -- paler highlights graced her muzzle and belly, accentuating her womanly curves. Her eyes were the Halloween orange of her own mate, and Eris took all of this in with a twinge of jealousy, momentarily hyper-conscious of her own aging and eventual loss of beauty.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread