together alone
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 318

Layla's golden eye followed the panda wolf's slight movement, it was a nearly unstoppable reaction, built into Layla since birth. She knew that the other female would most likely recognize her lack of vision in the white eye, but it was irrelevant. If anything, it was good. Most wolves would underestimate her in a fight when they knew she only had vision in one eye. Layla grinned, blinking both her eyes slowly.

When Panda, for apparently that was the pregnant girl's name, reacted so strongly to that word, Layla could barely hold in a laugh. She flicked her ears back in amusement. ” Did the spirits send you to me?  Are you a sister of The Craft?” the woman asked, the look on her face one of priceless shock.
”If the spirits sent me, then I am quite unaware of it,” Layla said, brushing her hand again against the hilt of her sword in an unconscious motion, much as one would stroke an amulet for comfort or luck. ”And I do not know of which craft you speak. I do not practice witchcraft, if that is what you mean.” Layla paused for a moment, then spoke again, deciding to comfort the girl. ”I knew not your name. The word I spoke... panda... it's an animal. A type of... bear. It's pelt looks like yours. I saw a drawing of one a very long time ago. I've always wanted to see a real one.” A fond smile flitted across Layla's face for a split second, an expression of rare warmth as she remembered one of the few good days of her youth.

Her earlier guess had been right. Panda was medicine-woman of the pack. Already finding herself liking this wolf, Layla bowed her head deeply and introduced herself. ”My name is Layla Saker, born Indira. I come from the Himalayas, a beautiful mountain range a world away.”

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.adele-blossom { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZHoWa.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#817976; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; color:#59301c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adele-blossom b {color:#c6b8b6; }
.adele-blossom p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adele-blossom p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adele-blossom .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adele-blossom .wordcount {color:#59301c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #59301c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread