stand against the wiles of the devil
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

The light played games with their appearance, but Ezekiel could see that the ashen-colored stranger’s fur was pale and not the sort he often saw in coyotes. Kaena’s was gray, but very few of her children seemed to share the tone. Humanized—he had a bag, his hair was fashioned, and he used a walking stick. Wherever he was from had some concept of what it meant to walk on two legs. Then again, the whole world was moving forward. He never would have suspected he would ride and own two horses a year ago.

Yet the feral nature of the beast loomed so close to the surface he could not hide it. The fur along his arms bristled. Father. Gabriel. Another child, but one older…one more coyote. How many had there been? A flash of teeth crossed his face as he opened his mouth, and his eyes caught the dying sun and captured it in their gaze. Ezekiel was livid, though his body remained stock still and hardly showed this. “My father,” the Aquila began slowly, his whiskers curling towards his muzzle. “Has left this land. My sister went after him. I am the only one that remains.”

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread