close your eyes
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

Urma slowly relaxed as the other wolf's voice washed over her in a non-threatening way. She looked away a bit, realizing that the ease with which she had accepted his answer could only represent the huge want she had for belonging to a pack. She needed the contact-- she needed the security and the territory and the notion of home. She had lost all of those, left them somewhere in Europe, and now she didn't know whether she would find something similar here, whether or not she was ready for it. Visibly, her muscles relaxed and she reclined on her haunches, only now fully grasping the fact that she was a bit tired. She therefore sat down gratefully. "I don't mean harm to anyone, except maybe whatever creature it is that I hunt for sustenance."

A chill breeze began to move the leaves in the trees, as well as to make small whirlpools out of the dust on the fresh spring earth. The crisp air of night began to creep in on them both, as well as on the surrounding forest. Her senses no longer on edge, Urma felt like she could enjoy the late evening company, for as long as it lasted. "My name is Urma. I believe you haven't seen me around because I've only been here for a couple of days, give or take. I..." her voice fell, sadness and solitude engulfing her, ...don't really belong to a pack. The ship I was on crashed on the shores somewhere West, South-West from here. I'm not really aware if there were any survivors... I didn't see any. Granted it was dark, but I would have smelled them, they were familiar scents by then..." she fell silent. Just as she thought of lowering her gaze from his, a thought occured to her, and she couldn't suppress the awe in her voice as she voiced it, "Are you in a pack?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread