close your eyes
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

She continued to stare at him intently, not daring to break the spell of meeting someone that belonged to a place-- that unlike her, had a type of kin, had potential. He seemed to promise so much. She almost felt compelled to follow him, to dream his dreams and follow in his footsteps. Her own paws didn't seem to be taking her places she felt she could belong to. Maybe he could give her a chance. Chance had been her only guide since she had found herself ship-wrecked on that coast. The more she listened to him, the more she felt that if he was willing to let her follow, she would go with him to the end of the world. She didn't think she could make it on her own much longer anyway. If it was anything that got to her, it was the endless quiet of the forest, the lack of contact with fellow wolves. She hoped however that they would be open to a Luperci, and she figured it was best if she made that clear before following him and hoping uselessly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. In a sense it was better that the ship crashed." The memories with the wolves on the ship, with that particular werewolf sent chills down her spine. She sat up on all fours and edged closer to him, silently hinting that if he had nothing against it she would be more than happy to join him on the rest of his journey to Shadowed Sun. Urma pondered the name for a while-- it sounded nice, hinted with mystery. As if this new world would be on the other side of the world they were in, on the other side of the sun. "Would you mind... do you think I could go with you? Is it a long way from here or would we have to spend the night in the woods?" She tried to keep the excitement from her voice, but with each thought that surfaced in her mind she found it increasingly hard to accomplish. "Would your pack be willing to take a lone wolf in? I'd do my best not to be a liability. I'd do anything it was necessary." Her tone almost pleaded with Pilot not to leave her behind. She was standing on all four paws only inches from him. For the first time, her gaze fell as she said, "Only...would your pack be willing to take in a Luperci Verto?" Even back in Europe she had heard of packs which were unwilling to take members that were not a hundred per cent wolves or gray wolves or whatever it transpired they demanded. She slowly felt the courage leave her, as volatile as the wind stroking her fur.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread