M - Blood Covenant
[html]

Word Count :: 489

A bark of cruel laughter escaped the dusky coyote, and Vesper frowned coldly at his comment before offering a rough, amused smirk. “I suppose not. But I’m not going to just sit on my ass if a prissy little girl threatens me.” She paused, head tilted in an almost charming manner. “Didn’t sit on my ass for the mongrel luperci who gave me these new ones, either.”

Her haughty, scornful demeanor faded away slightly as he stepped up to her, effectively using the breach of personal space to intimidate. Any other time, she might have snapped at him—but she remembered a situation like this before, his stench in her nostrils and his breath on her pelt. It unnerved her, almost scared her, but she did her best to keep a straight face. They were no longer on neutral lands; she was in his clan’s territory under the watch of his clan’s healer. This gave her enough confidence to turn her muzzle toward him, eyes cold and defiant.

But the moment of danger passed as the male, frowning, pulled away. Her brown-caped fur lay flat, and the coywolf quickly, angrily averted her eyes from him as she guessed what he’d just discovered. She hated what she’d become, after trying so long to prove herself as a non-luperci. Her work would be hypocritical now; it was easy to say that she had been perfectly fine, once, if she was changed. The anger faded, and she gave a small scar on her leg a lick.

Vesper snorted when he spoke. “It was close, and I was bleeding and completely out of my fucking mind.” She glanced at him with an arrogant smirk, not altogether serious. “Though the place is nice so far—this little room alone has a pretty nice set-up.” Her movements carefully slow but smooth, she pushed herself up into a sitting position and locked eyes with him.

“Let’s get this straight. I don’t know if I’m staying here or not; Inferni seemed pretty damn interesting, which was why I was so close that other night.” She managed not to allow her voice to falter as she remembered the stars framed by the trees, that night when he’d assaulted her. She frowned momentarily then went on: “But you’re obviously going to want to destroy me if you get your chance.” One last pause, hoping that he would get this fact through his thick skull and learn his place with her. “But for as long as I’m here, under Inferni’s protection or a part of Inferni, and you make one move toward me—I’ll let them know what you tried to do when we met.” Her gaze hardened, and it was clear she wasn’t talking about a trivial fight, the chasing of a rogue from the borders. No, there were sins that ran deeper than that, and she figured his leaders would frown on taking a coyote against her will.

the Mentors!

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman; color:#b69a00; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#bb6500; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #351b0d; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:333px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread