Twitterpated
[html]

An ear twitched and tilted in her father’s direction as the man approached, his only reception for a moment as the girl continued to stare dreamily at the feathers. She acted like they commanded her interest, but now her mind was full of anxiety at his approach. What would her father say about her sudden infatuation? She already thought he wouldn’t accept it, and he really wouldn’t like what she knew in her heart to be true. What with her worry wart mother and her overtly protective father she was in for a world of trouble if she told her father the full truth.

“Nothing…” she said absently, but a moment later her eyes turned to her father and she could tell by the look on his face that he wasn’t going to accept that answer. Even if she could keep him from pressing the issue right now he would still go around thinking something was up, and a suspicious father was worse than a knowing one.

In a perfectly normal teen fashion she sighed while rolling her eyes away from him. It wasn’t as rude as some teenage girls could be, but it was certainly a show of that streak of adolescent defiance. But she wasn’t trying to be mean and her demeanor softened. “I took a trip.” There was a slight pause as though she was waiting for him to say something about it, and then she continued. “To Halcyon. We never went there even with Juliet and Momma and I were traveling. I wanted to get Momma one of those… things… those whatcha-ma-call-it she wanted, she said they lived in the mountains there. I didn’t find one,” she paused again, her tone disappointed. “Instead I… met someone.”

She watched her father out of the corner of her eyes. She was apprehensive, scared to tell him the truth but finding now way around it. No, wait, not scared. In fact, why shouldn’t she tell him the truth? According to the pack she was an adult now, and she could meet people if she wanted to. And after all, it was Zalen, and she refused to hide anything about him! She would sing it to the stars, to the moon, and anyone who had anything bad to say about it could just go to hell.

Her posture straightened as thoughts poured through her head, shoulders squaring out. She was ready for what he had to say, wherever this conversation would lead.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread