Twitterpated
[html]

OOC Bad reaction Titania has bad reaction. x.x[/i] 400+

That someone certainly hadn’t hurt Shawchert’s daughter, but changed her he had. It was clear in her dreamy countenance, in the far away look in her eyes that she had left her heart with him there in that valley in the Halcyon Mountains. The look in his face, the disapproving tone of his voice, it infuriated her. Her eyes, still focused on the feathers, narrowed as he spoke, and the corners of her mouth flexed down into a frown.

“His name is Zalen,” she spoke defiantly, her voice challenging Shawchert to say something more. “The moon brought us together. I heard him singing to her one night when he didn’t even know I was around, singing like a real wolf, singing like everybody here has forgotten how to do. Here it’s all worded verse and limerick. Out there it was wild, free, natural.”

She hated the humanistic songs her pack had adopted as part of their “art.” At least, she decided she hated them just then – they’d never really bothered her before. She gave her father a sidelong glance and remembered the lyricist he had been in love with, Sky, and suddenly a lump of adolescent angst settled in against him.

He disapproved. He disapproved of her decisions and she could tell by his voice and his stance that he was going to condemn Zalen no matter what she said. The thought infuriated her, so she turned it around on him.

“Oh, you’re one to talk!” She said, turning her furious expression on him. “All you people ever do is run away. What about Mom, huh? What, you think I didn’t notice when I was spending my first few months moving from place to place with nowhere to call home? No family? No pack? And what about you? I might be young but I’m not stupid, I pick up on things! You ran away from Cercatori too, didn’t you? Left without a trace. That’s why you’re not the Captain anymore, you lost your rank because you deserted. That’s why you have to be with mom, too, because Sky wouldn’t put up with you leaving and coming back at your whim. Mom will.”

Not one word of that was planned, not once did she stop to think just how ruthless and hurtful all of it was. The thought of his disapproval of Zalen cut deep – before she even knew how he felt – and she lashed out wanting to make him feel the same way.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread