[M] Tares above my kingdom come
[html]

(as much as you might think otherwise from this post) I am always looking forward to this thread!

WORD COUNT → 343

Tedros felt the dark-coated male shift his body towards him. As slight as the gesture was, it made the coyote fell much more welcomed. The muscles in his body relaxed as he leaned against the pine, his claws digging firmly into the dirt beneath him. The coyote gazed at the other, hearing him make fun of their respective situations. The smirk was contagious, and wrapped around his maw quickly.

He chuckled a little as the wolf continued with his ‘what should happen’ scenario. But as the last sentence rolled off of his company’s tongue, Tedros’ ears perked up. That sentence hung in the cold, stinging air. It felt as if someone had tossed some salt onto his new wound, his new loss. It was something that had to happen for the wound to heal, but it hurt like hell. The smile that he once dawned was gone immediately. But after six years, he had learned one or two things.

So he exhaled and pushed the responsive anger away and looked at his new acquaintance. It wasn’t like the wolf could have known his past, or for that matter, he probably hadn’t even meant it in a suggestive fashion as Tedros had taken it. So he bit his lip, and ran a hand through his ratty mane.

“Well I’m not too fond on crying like a pup, but I don’t mind the company for comfort’s sake,” he said, honestly. When Tedros had been growing up, he had spent a lot of time moping around and being a normal angst-ridden teenager. But that stage had long since come and gone. “I’m Tedros Talik.” He introduced himself hoping mostly for a name in return, and then continued, baring his soul to the first wolf who would listen. “My mate died about a month ago,” he spoke dryly, void of emotion. It was the first time he had told anyone about it; his old pack had been well aware, and the conversation here simply never got there. Not until now, at least.

“You remind me of him.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread