drift away
[html]
[/html] When the coyote began to smile, Tayui panicked for a moment in concern that she'd said something unintentionally funny. Quickly, she realized that it was not a cruel smile and that the other woman was just pointing out a fact of life. Tayui considered the woman's words for a moment, wondering if that was the real reason she and Gabriel and Kaena could not be friends. Although Tayui had felt like they could indeed be more than just acquaintances -- if only because the word was so cold when they had shown her such warmth -- she realized now that political realities could prohibit it.

Soon, too, Zana explained that exploring the lands was her job. Quickly, Tayui asked: "oh, are you a scout or an ambassador then? I was passing by and had hoped to see if Gabriel was about. I hadn't really planned on bothering him. I'm not sure really." She frowned and then added: "I guess I was just hoping that I might see someone from Inferni by chance. Sort of wishful thinking, I guess? Though it seems to have panned out!" She added a cheeky grin and a small shrug. If Zana didn't mind entertaining her for a bit, Tayui would be happy to pick her brains for answers. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread