Trouble you for Sugar
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 516 words. Figured I'd close this out so it can be archived :]

The rhythm created by his dexterous fingers gliding across the strings was soothing to her ears. It had been a long time since she enjoyed another's music, especially the rhythmic beats made by the Exultare during their gatherings. They nowhere near rivaled the masterful Marecks when it came to song, but their beats were powerful, felt through the soul as they conducted the warriors in practice and dance. X'yrin was reminded of the beauty of it all with each strummed cord. Already, she adored having this free-spirited soul as her neighbor.

Unknowingly, she leaned in closer as he began speaking of the Nomad-like tribe. It would have been ignorant to think that only the Nomads traveled in bands across the lands, but hearing of another was astounding. Her ears bent forward, capturing every precious word. The idea of a family warmed her, her smile growing all the more brilliant. "I hope Ichika will become as strong of a family as the Nomads. So many like hearts brought together... it is truly warming. An extension of my family." She felt her excitement brimming, nearly toppling her over before she leaned back and again rooted herself to the ground. She placed a paw atop her head, reverting momentarily back to the nomadic sign of apology. But as quickly as she felt the wash of embarrassment, it ebbed.

“I would gladly take you to heart as family," she lowered her paw to her chest, conveying her sincerity. "Our band had its individual families and their set craft, but as a whole we looked to each other as brother and sister. There, I would be the Exultare and you the talented Mareck, but at the end of the day-" her smiled broadened "-we were family to each other. A brother and sister not bound by blood. I hope to have a relationship with the others like this as well." And more if the fates were willing to make it so.

She enjoyed the company of this strange male shrouded by a comfortable yet mystical aura, but she felt by the receding day’s light it was time for her to continue on with her task. Certainly this would not be the last time they saw each other. They were now neighbors after all, and the thought only made the woman’s smile broaden. “It was a pleasure my friend,” she spoke softly as she pulled herself to stand and gather her furs. “I would like to come visit with you again once I have made another home for myself and settled in. Perhaps we can exchange stories under the firelight.” She wagged her lush tail fondly. “We will meet again,” she dipped her head with an assuring nod, parting with the words of farewell of her culture. A Nomad never said ‘goodbye’, simply that they would all meet again; either in this world on the next.

She signaled with a chipped call for her avian companion to again scout ahead for her to find a place to reside then followed his general direction, leaving her neighbor to the remainder of his day.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread