You're not the only one
[html]
excitement <3
Word Count -> 564

This man had an ego bigger than the city she had fled. Isabella took a note of it, knowing men with big egos often enjoyed compliments and praise, paying out more for her services if she did them well. This one seemed little different, though the air of arrogance around him was stronger than any she had encountered before. Was it an aura of power she felt, too? Regardless, he had his weaknesses, and his strengths. It still made him a dangerous man to tango with, and dancing with him she was. Certainly their limbs did not touch but verbally they were fighting it out for supremacy. And Isabella was determined not to be undermined by some man and his ego. He was a flatterer too. Most women were terribly susceptible to turns of praise, though she had learned long ago to ignore their sugary words and take everything at face value. While making the common cooed responses to keep them amused, of course.

Isabella gave a light smirk at his words, keeping back the scowl of anger at being called a girl. But he was senior to her in age, so she kept her features fixed into that twisted grin and let him believe what he wanted. It wasn't like she was going to give him anything; there was nothing he had she wanted.

The packs in the land were varied, that was good. She could find the one that would house her and let her do her own thing and turn a blind eye. But her heart gave a weak pang at the mention of moral and good. Once, she would have been glad to join them. Yet, that was long over and her heart returned to it's calm rhythmic beating. At times, Isabella admired those fools who could be so innocent and kind. But often, it was tainted with her distaste at their naivety and weakness. They could easily be played by a skilled liar. No, sinners were where the pickings were best.

Practical, he says? She raised a brow, the white disk over her eye rising higher as she looked at him. She assumed he meant his own pack, since he was speaking so highly of it, his tone shifting from distaste to pride. Isabella could tell instantly what he was selling her. Unfortunately, it still sounded appealing, despite knowing what kind of man was speaking of it. And of course he invited her, terribly subtly, to choose him as a client and take off with him to his kingdom. He said nothing about it other than what he had before, but Isabella was slightly interested at the notion. However, she could not choose a single apple without seeing the rest in the bucket.

Isabella gave him one of her easier smiles, though she was sure he knew she had not yet warmed up to him much, despite his attempts and his attractive features. Those were bonus points, especially as he knew she was as onto his tricks as he was to hers. "Perhaps I ought to see more before I return. It's only right to see what else I can find." She wanted to see if the pickings were good elsewhere, and he had to know that. "But where is this pack of yours? What is its name so I may know where I'm heading?"

<style type="text/css">
.herriot2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#9e6c2f; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#62345b 0px 1px 1px; }
.herriot2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#945e7a; text-align:center; text-shadow:#6c1c17 0px 1px 1px;}
.herriot2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.herriot2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#270503; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/36HKe.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d9900f; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#8a5523; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.wc {color:#c494ac; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #c494ac; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 10px 15px 10px;}
.herriot2-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #191401; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread