dancing in the ashes
[html]

The male’s ears pricked at her question, and with a stretch he informed her that he did not know. His question, paired with that grin, irritated her but not to the extent that it might have. Her motives would become obvious soon enough, if they hadn’t already, so she didn’t feel the need for an answer. She only lowered her ears and started to glance off in another direction when the scent of a dominant canine made her turn back.

Ezekiel looked very coyote, even if his scent was slightly more mingled than that—something that seemed to be a trend in Inferni, and a trend that she did not mind a single bit. He was also muscular, however, and wolf instincts deep within her urged her to defer to him. Her independent personality was at odds with this, but a quick once-over showed signs that he would be worthy of her respect. After all, she liked the clan enough, and its Aquila should be liked by association if nothing else. She dipped her head.

He mentioned making friends, and while Vesper snorted and cut a glare at Helotes, her lips quirked with good humor. That smirk faded slightly with his mention of “spunk,” however, and she tried to keep her fur from bristling. How she hated that infernal word coming from his stupid mouth.

Ves shook her head. “So long as I’ve proved my mettle somehow.” She returned her blue gaze to the leader’s amber one, reminded of her reason for standing out here today. How did one go about this kind of thing? She was consciously aware of Helotes’ presence.

At last, she settled on: “Aquila, may I speak with you?” Hopefully the Inferni term would hint at her intentions, if the fact that she was still here had somehow managed to fly over Ezekiel’s head. She wondered if he would ask Helotes to leave or if the coyote would still linger around; either she could deal with, though she preferred the former.

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {font-weight:bold; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos t {font-style:italic; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread