whittling away at the time
The sound of a voice made Alma flinch. Her knife stopped moving, and she slowly turned her head in the other coywolf's direction. "Oh." was all she said at first. She was afraid the white thing had started talking to her. Relief shown on her face, along with a bit of embarrassment at being caught off guard "This is a bead." She turned her head back to her work, holding the tiny block of wood to the sunlight. There was a depression where she had tried to carve a hole into it. "I lost four of these while transforming into halfling form one day." She thought briefly of the mad coyote trying to attack Inferni's puppies. "I did not think to take them off before I transformed, and have not found them since."

Admittedly, she hadn't tried very hard. Trying to find four small beads in between Hades' Beach and the Grimwell caverns was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. It seemed easier to create four more beads, even if she hadn't done it before. "Normally I trade for them, but I..." she shrugged and lowered the hand holding the bead, unsure of how to finish that sentence.

She noticed that the other coyote did not quite have the scent of Inferni on her yet, and assumed without asking that she was new. So many coyotes - or coywolves, to be more accurate; it was surprising that a coyote pack would be populated with others like her - came in lately that she had lost count. She did not talk to them directly, but did see them in passing when she was walking from one place to the other. Some part of her regretted that she had lost the social skills she had in her youth and that she did not try to make friends out of any of them.

"Where do you come from?" Alma asked suddenly, in an attempt to make a conversation.

Messages In This Thread