whittling away at the time
[html]

Word Count → 395

Yellow eyes turned to the newcomer then became immediately relieved, and Vesper let out a snort as she realized how unguarded the woman had been. However, the realization that they were in pack territory gave her pause—and she felt somewhat ashamed for coming to such a quick conclusion. Of course a clan member would feel comfortable within the clan borders. She would have to get used to this if she were to join Inferni, not having to look over her shoulder constantly. Maybe she’d be able to get a good night’s sleep for once.

The female held up the little wooden block, naming it a bead and explaining that she’d lost some before. Curious, the coywolf stepped close to the other, leaning down slightly to get a better look. “Were you carrying them?” she asked, not quite understanding the concept that one of these would go on a necklace. She tilted her head as if viewing this tiny thing from a different angle might help her, but then the woman described taking them off. “Oh.” Sheepish and understanding now, she straightened back up and leaned her shoulder against the tree trunk, adopting casual posture as if she hadn’t been acting like a pup with no concept of the world. Her hand did not relinquish its grip on the rabbit.

“I’m sure it’s fine,” Vesper remarked quietly, the words coming out without much emotion. She didn’t know much about beads or jewelry, but it was interesting to see someone else creating something like that. Her own fingers were not yet quite so dexterous to be able to do that—or perhaps her mind was still balking at the concept of actually using her hands for things. Hell, it was still awkward to be carrying prey not in her mouth.

The sudden question did not ruffle the pale tawny female, who flashed a toothy smirk in the other woman’s direction. “Somewhere else,” she teased, before answering the question more seriously. “North of the mountains, in the wilderness. I’ve been traveling Nova Scotia as a loner for a few months now…and some injuries landed me here, where I think I’ll stay.” She could have gestured to the scabbed wounds covering her body, but she didn’t think they needed any explanation.

Running her blue eyes over the other’s large ears, she asked lightly, “What’s your name? I’m Vesper.”

<style type="text/css">
.coyotesnowide b {font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyotesnowide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyotesnowide {width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:630px; min-width:500px; background-color:#adc4cc; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/10mkfna.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread