whittling away at the time
[html]

Word Count → 386 :: Made you a present!

The luperci explained that she put the beads in her hair, and Vesper frowned in confusion until she saw the orange braid. Quickly, she nodded, consciously aware of the state her own mane was in. The moment that she’d shifted for the first time, she had panicked and tore off any long hair she might have brown. It was much thicker than in her other forms, but it wasn’t “hair” as the woman might have called it. “I thought it might go on a necklace or something,” she explained. She’d seen teeth on necklaces before, so a bead wasn’t too farfetched of an idea.

Yellow eyes scanned the coywolf’s body, and Ves crossed her arms. She knew she still looked like crap since the attack that had given her the virus, but most coyotes here had either ignored the wounds or teased her about them. Instead, the woman asked if she’d come from a remote place.

“An uncivilized place, apparently,” the loner added, a challenging growl in her tone. Her shoulders hitched up slightly, but otherwise, her posture was defensive and frustrated rather than aggressive. “I wasn’t born luperci. Didn’t ask for it.” It was a proud statement rather than a shameful admission. She was glad for what she had been; it had given her an outlook most of these two-leggers couldn’t have fathomed. She no longer stood out as she once had, but she would always be different from them. “You can probably guess how I was turned,” she went on, gesturing to her cuts. Her voice had been hard up until that point, but it lightened at the end, as she realized an argument would be futile. This was a clan member, after all, and she didn’t want to cement her bad impression on all of Inferni.

The offer for beads was unexpected, and her ears lowered slightly, her shoulders slumping. “Thanks, but… I don’t know what I’d do with them,” she mumbled. She nodded slightly at the other’s name but did not dwell on that for long, instead offering a paw awkwardly—wondering if they could shake hands like she’d seen some other luperci do. Her gesture was uncertain, completely at odds with her scarred visage and temperament. “Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot, Alma. I’m…new to all of this.”

<style type="text/css">
.coyotesnowide b {font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyotesnowide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyotesnowide {width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:630px; min-width:500px; background-color:#adc4cc; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/10mkfna.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread