whittling away at the time
[html]

OOOH IT HAS BIG EARS. Big Grin Thanks! I don't normally bother with tables since editing the colors makes my head hurt and I can't stop unless it's perfect. And then I realize it is four in the morning and I have class. :x

Word Count → 350

Alma had been expecting the woman to react badly, and so was prepared for it. Her face went blank as she consciously willed herself to not show any signs of reacting to her. Sometimes, showing too much weakness would bring on an attack. It was something she had learned while traveling on her own. "I did not mean it as an insult. My own family was mostly non-luperci." She did not need to change the tone of her voice, because it was always rather blank in of itself. Carefully pronouncing her words made her voice almost devoid of inflection or tone.

The offer of beads seemed to do its work in distracting her, though the woman's voice seemed to be lightening anyway. She shrugged at her apology. "No harm." She stared at the extended hand in confusion for a moment, then realized what she was supposed to do. She shook it, awkwardly, then let go. She had not touched another being in a long time, and the sensation felt unfamiliar and frightening. Alma looked at the ground. "I imagine it would be very disconcerting to be Luperci when you are not wanting or expecting it." She said, then hesitated before speaking again.

Alma knew she hadn't made very many friends since she joined the clan. Acquaintances, yes, but most of them she'd not seen since first meeting them. She was not sure she had made even one person that she could call a friend - but she wanted to change that. She feared growing old, and then dying and leaving nothing behind her but bones. Who would remember her? Her parents were likely dead or lost to her, and her siblings were far away. "You could put them on the necklace, as you mentioned." Somehow Alma doubted the woman would put them in her hair, short as it was. "But if you're not the type that is inclined toward jewelry, then..." She paused and turned her head to look at the scarred coywolf, "I could show you how to whittle. It might help get you used to your new hands."

<style type="text/css">
.almaraze b {font-weight:bold; color:#557359; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.almaraze p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.almaraze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#a7bcab; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2njd1lt.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 333px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2c392f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.almaraze .wordcount {color:#557359; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #2c392f; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.almaraze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread