whittling away at the time
[html]

Word Count → 217 :: I totally understand; I had that feeling a few days ago, too. We can wrap this up whenever you'd like to. Smile

It was plain to see that Alma was passionate about the woodcarving, and while she didn’t yet see the skill as particularly useful, Vesper was pleasantly amused at her explanation, glad to see the zeal in her soon-to-be clan mate. She nodded as she worked carefully with the wood and knife, pausing when she finished and tilting her ears forward as the redhead went on.

“I could train little animals to duel with it,” the hybrid suggested in a rare show of humor, grinning crookedly as she tried to scrape the end into a point. She doubted that she could get used to the prospect of handling weapons; having fought without the use of hands her whole life, she wasn’t sure if she would be able to adapt. Learning how to fight unarmed in optime would be difficult enough for her without adding more clumsy objects to the combat.

There was no doubt that this was calming, however, and the woman heeded the other’s advice, taking her time with the cuts. Bark curled from the stone knife, the shavings falling onto her legs and the ground. Her movements became a little more controlled each time, and it was evident that this was a kind of therapy for her—even if that was something she would not admit.

<style type="text/css">
.coyotesnowide b {font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyotesnowide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyotesnowide {width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:630px; min-width:500px; background-color:#adc4cc; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/10mkfna.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread