whittling away at the time
[html]

Word Count → 210

The tawny woman stared at the redhead with an expression of mock horror when Alma calmly suggested the squirrels. “Those are the last critters I want to arm,” Vesper said with revulsion, smirking. She could only imagine what the little rodents would do with tiny spears as opposed to pinecones and acorns. She wondered how many miniature stab wounds it would take to kill a luperci.

She nodded at Alma’s additional instructions, wincing at the thought of getting a splinter stuck in her pad. She scraped the miniature points away, running a finger carefully along the path she’d shaved to make sure that there weren’t any. If there were, she simply went over it again, once again falling into a relaxed lull due to the monotonous motions of the carving. She doubted she would ever be an expert whittler, but it was something to consider next time wandering didn’t help her restlessness.

The other coywolf spoke of her father and his claims, and Vesper glanced sideways at her. “Mine too,” she murmured, turning back to the stick in her hand. He had only tried to feed his children one lie, but it had been enough to steal Sparrow away. Who knew what other stories were pouring from his mouth now.

<style type="text/css">
.coyotesnowide b {font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyotesnowide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#24241c; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.coyotesnowide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyotesnowide {width:90%; margin:0 auto; max-width:630px; min-width:500px; background-color:#adc4cc; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/10mkfna.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread