little kings and hoppy things
[html]

-stabs school-

Word Count → 610

Liam was certain his brother was right – that he would get it next time. The Haskel and Catori clan were all made up of good hunters and good warriors who knew how to handle themselves in such situations. Sure, Liam did not like fighting other wolves but he had no problem catching prey, from small rabbits and hares to deer and foxes. He was a lot better when in groups though. It was always fun hunting with his family and since meeting Robin he had found that hunting with her was also a lot of fun – although they often didn't catch as much because they were too busy talking and playing. He hadn't talked to Robin in ages though. Really, since the war, he had only seen her briefly here and there around the pack-lands. He made a mental note to track her down in the next few days when he wasn't so busy.

But now with the story. Liam cleared his throat, as if his story required him to remember so many terrible memories from a not so distant past. Truth be told, he was probably going to be making up most of the words because his first hunt had been a pretty decent one. Sure, he had only gotten a small squirrel that hadn't even made for a decent snack, let alone a lunch, but he had only been a few months old. A little smaller than Skoll was today.

He took a deep breath and looked around – making sure absolutely no one was going to overhear his secret. “You have to swear not to tell a soul.” Of course, knowing Skoll – the entire pack would probably know about this story by nightfall. “I was with mom and Kable and 'Mara –“ Noah was there too but since Skoll didn't know him and talking about his brother still brought a bad taste in Liam's mouth, the brown-pelted Duke decided not to mention him. “We were so excited that we were making a lot of noise and scaring off the preys.” he paused, remembering the event. Up to here, it had all been true. “We were in the woods near the Hotel. Since it was Spring there was a lot of mud – 'cause in Spring all of the snow starts to melt and it makes a lot of mud.” Skoll had never seen snow or Spring so Liam decided to explain it to him.

“Finally I spotted a squirrel and I prepared myself to pounce on it. I was being silent but the squirrel was still able to hear me – no matter how quiet I was. When I jumped to attack the squirrel ran off and I fell belly-first into a huge patch of mud.” he said with as much movement as a Lupus could muster. He bounced around and made expressions at all of the right times. He was playing Skoll – feeding him a story that was getting further from the truth with each word spoken. So in reality he had caught the squirrel... and maybe the patch of mud hadn't been that big, but stretching the truth was something a creative mind like Liam's could do on the spot.

Liam looked at his little brother expectantly. Did he find it funny? Did he think that Liam could truly be embarrassed by such a failure? Would he tell the entire pack? Liam just hoped Skoll was a little reassured that not everyone were perfect hunters right off the bat. It took time, practice and patience. The last two things are things puppies just do not have.

<style type="text/css">
.razeliam b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffef; text-shadow:#59814e 1px 1px 1px;}
.razeliam p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.razeliam {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#86a37c; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/14ajwgm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 500px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#455440; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.razeliam .wordcount {color:#455440; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #59814e; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.razeliam .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread