The water which supports a boat can also sink it
[html]
Hadvnivisdisgo?

Slight powerplay of Savina, Vigi and Claudius allowing her to speak/not stopping her. Let me know if this is not okay?

She stayed behind the occupant leaders, watching the tribesmembers as they arrived. There was the Utina man, but otherwise there were no familiar faces. One female was clearly from the Great Tribe. Dawali and Maska were not there, still in their prisoner cabin. She had gone to see them, or interrogated them - both words fit what had happened. Dawali had shared much information, though Maska had been reluctant. The Ahote male had always had problems with respecting her, perhaps because of her lack of a spirit guide. The red wolf had merely appeared too shameful not to answer her questions. The meetings with Vigilante, Claudius and Savina had been taxing, and now that she knew the story she could understand their anxiety. She had come here seeking a slight promotion in Chief Aatu's eyes, and what she gained was... unexpected. If being a puppet leader could be called a gain. There was no doubting she was on a leash. Oh, what a mess.

She felt the need to elaborate on Vigilante's words. The situation with Maska should never have occurred - she wanted to make sure the tribesmembers knew this. She feared they might never trust her, and it would not surprise her if they rioted here and now, and demanded Claudius as their leader. The least she could do was explain it to them, and hope they could see that she was not another Maska. While wanting to speak, she also feared stepping on the toes of the occupant leaders. She glanced at the male, then the female, then Claudius. Finally, she raised a one hand and corrected her shawl before stepping forward to speak to the tribe. They had to meet her at some point anyway, right? "My name's Ulilohi. I am required to report to Savina and Vigilante, and Claudius will be keeping an eye on me here. Maska failed to report back to Chief Aatu, and I came to check on his progress." She paused, hands moving to correct her shawl again, though it did not need correcting. "Maska will face trial on his return. His orders were not to take the role of leadership, but to monitor Dawali Amara. On behalf of the Great Tribe, I apologize for his actions." With a gaze nervously flying across some of the strangers' faces, she stepped back again, uncertain of what to say. She did not address the question of the young female. It was hard to know one's place in this situation.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread