one foot in front of the other
[html]

WC: 384 :: <3

A bird was spooked from the grass, or perhaps it was simply flapping its way to a more promising patch. Her blue eyes followed its movements before she rubbed the back of her neck again, running claws through her cropped mane and waiting. She would have been more comfortable in lupus for this vigil, but that was part of it, she supposed. If she couldn’t stand still in her two-legged form, she couldn’t fight. She shook her head at herself then noted the tan figure of the Aquila trotting toward her. Bronze shone in his fur as the sunlight outlined his muscular body, and with a wry smirk Vesper supposed he might be attractive, if she swung that way. She did respect his good condition, though, and she offered a somewhat playful bow when he came close enough to speak.

“If I waited too long, it was my own fault,” the light tawny coywolf admitted. She’d probably come here too early, but she would prefer to be in a location ahead of time than show up late. Being somewhere early meant being able to scout it out, take note of the surroundings, prepare herself. In a way, she was choosing and scrutinizing her battlefield.

Her eyes followed the curvature of his bow. She figured that this sparring would be hand-to-hand combat, but she was somewhat curious about the long-range weapon. She would have to ask later, though—who knew how busy pack leaders were? He was offering his own time to help a new member out. But he and Inferni benefit from strong members in the end, she reminded herself, and she automatically widened her stance slightly.

“I don’t know the first thing about grappling with these,” Vesper said, throwing her hands up as if they were loose appendages rather than actual limbs. Her tone was lighthearted, but deceptively so—behind her smirking mask lay a cold desire to improve. “But perhaps I’ll learn by example. Don’t be afraid of hurting me.” The needless words dripped off her tongue, and she waited for him to make a move or instruct her further. She supposed being knocked down to the ground a few times or otherwise wrestled into a vulnerable position would make her survival drive kick in, and perhaps dormant luperci instincts would emerge.

Image courtesy of henrikj@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_v1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_v1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_v1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#26292e; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_v1 t {font-family:verdana; color:#26292e; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_v1 {background-color:#94938f; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#606165; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... Vesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:284px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_v1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread