one foot in front of the other
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

I suck Sad We should wrap this up and have a new one soooon.

Word Count »

Having never been in a serious fight with a woman (Halo notwithstanding, as they had been four-legged at the time) he knew only what medically made sense. So her appropriate response was one that pleased him, and it showed in a broad grin. One hand went to his side, pointing to an area above his hip but below his rib cage. “This area, if you can get a severe enough blow in, can kill someone.” Especially armed, he reflected, though this was not a lesson about combat knives.

“I think you’ll do fine here,” he added, and rolled the shoulder he had fallen on. It popped, but it was not a severe sound—he had never done anything serious to it. “Do you want to go again? I probably have at least one more in me for the day…though you’ll have to answer to that ward of mine when I can’t work with him.” An amused wink accompanied this thought, for Ezekiel was already imagining Max’s over-acted fury when he found he was given second-chair to a stranger. Luckily, the boy’s apparent paranoia about abandonment seemed to have faded much since his arrival. For this, Ezekiel was glad.

“Of course,” he cut in. “If you want, you two could spar. He’s still learning, so your experience with combat would help.”

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread