free firebird
[html]

WC - 272 :: Sorry for the wait. It took me forever to be able to produce a post for this - and it isn't a good one, either. xD

Her name was called in turn as X’yrin noticed her presence. She leaped toward her with the owl still perched on her back—a comical sight, especially coupled with the irritation on the bird’s part—then came in close to place a playful nip on her ear. It was strange to have the Nomad name her as “friend,” but the word was fitting enough considering the mutual respect the wanderers had for each other.

Not that Vesper was much of a wanderer anymore. She had been grinning crookedly as the auburn woman circled close around her, but then realization dawned on the Exultare as she remarked on her change. Blue eyes downcast suddenly, Vesper took a step back to isolate herself.

“A fight,” the coywolf admitted. “A really bad fight—I became luperci because of all the blood.” While she burned inwardly at the transformation forced upon her, however, it was only her own anger. No one could judge her for changing into something against her will.

With slightly more reluctance, she admitted, “A clan of coyotes took me in, treated my wounds. I decided to stay with them.” Reflexively, she glanced back over her shoulder down the mountain, where Inferni territory lay somewhere in the Waste and the forests of the north.

Her eyes returned to X’yrin’s amber ones, and she felt oddly self-conscious and ashamed. While she had been careful in choosing who she ran amongst—coyotes she could respect, coyotes that would respect her independence—it might have been seen as simply throwing away the traveler’s gift to the Nomad.

Or maybe she was reading too much into this.

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread