free firebird
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 437 Words

The look of shame upon the woman's face had the Nomad frowning in concern. There was no reason for her to look away or wear the face of shame. She was the victim in this; a part of Fate's design. Though tragic the circumstances that befell her, there was nothing she could do in the grand scheme of things. X'yrin lifted her head and woofed soundly in gesture that her companion do the same. She listened on as she spoke of the coyote clan, having yet to run across them herself. She had no ill will against the selective group, but as the same time did not harbor the same curiosity to seek them out. She simply tilted her head, an ear perked with interest. The silence of the Nomad stretched only so far before her hastily committed vow was tarnished with question.

"They must be your pack now," the inflection of her voice was subtle, leaving room to be corrected should her assumption be wrong. Kindly, she smiled to her injured friend. "Truth be told, I too found a family. Quite a shock considered our last meeting and my words of the Endless Path." Quite the hypocrite she had made herself to be, talking about the beauty of the never ending road, then settling within a pack herself. She held no shame for her decision, though. In fact she was quite proud of it. The compromise she had found for herself... the bond of a nurturing community and the open world still at her disposal, made her feel this decision was all the more worthwhile. "But I will tell you this," she continued, still brandishing her elated smile. "It was not an easy decision. It was only recently my choice proved it worth." She felt the sudden sharp pluck of a beak against the back of her head. The awakened bird now thoroughly agitated from all the excitable talk.

X'yrin rounding her head back to the owl, making a comical sight as wet nose and sharp beak were poised at each other as both stared at the other with deadly sights. "But of course there are days I find myself at ends with my choice. Had I not joined Ichika, perhaps this devil fowl wouldn't have found me." Mentioned bird lightly nipped at her protruding nose, screeching as if to contest her foolish claim. Ignoring him, she returned her gentle gaze to Vesper, once again looking over her healing form. "But tell me, how have you taken to your new changes? Are you able to walk on two legs yet? Or is your body still healing?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread